Thomasons is an award-winning consulting practice working across a range of sectors including educational, residential and commercial for both private and public sector clients from scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring.
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior CAD/BIM technician to join our busy and expanding team in London to support the civil engineering group here at Thomasons.
We are looking for a technician engineer who will be capable of effective production of models/drawn information in accordance with the project brief, time and budgetary constraints and able to supervise and support junior members of the team to effectively develop their capabilities.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- An ability to ensure that all projects are delivered to the agreed brief and timescale.
- Ensure that a high-quality product is consistently delivered.
- Communication of the design process.
- An ability to write manuals for maintenance.
- Capability to produce detailed drawings.
- Ability to discussing designs with other professionals.
- Competency to develop drawings and calculations onscreen.
- Confidence in explaining designs to other people.
- Competence in the use of Civil 3D.
- Prepare complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications.
- Produce CAD drawings for new or improved products using industry, departmental and discipline standards.
- Work with other teams to obtain reference information for drawings.
- Work with project team to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Review design layouts to find and resolve problems involving compatibility with basic design concepts.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs.
- Participate in engineering and manufacturing design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations.
- Make corrections to the drawings as requested by the senior staff.
- Create and update database of design records for future reference purposes.
- Status with a relevant professional body.
- Understanding of working within a design and build environment as a consultant.
- Understanding new development projects.
- Experience of flood alleviation schemes design and preparation of surface water management plans.
- Ability to use computer modelling packages such as Flood Modeller Pro, InfoWorks ICM and GIS software, PDS, MicroDrainage plus Microsoft Office suite of packages.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Thomasons offer a competitive benefits package.