Thomasons is an award-winning consulting practice working across a range of sectors including educational, residential and commercial for both private and public sector clients from scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a senior civil engineer to join our busy and expanding team in Guildford.
We are looking for a senior engineer who will be capable of working with minimal supervision and, able to supervise and support junior members of the team. You will also coordinate activities with other Thomasons’ offices.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Working within a small team (senior engineer, graduate engineer, technician) and providing technical design best practice
- Managing and coordinating projects across the civil engineering team
- Being responsible for the production of technical design information including drawings, calculations, specifications and reports
- Approving designs, assessments and calculations in accordance with quality procedures
- Liaising effectively with clients, local authorities and other design team members
- Undertaking the project management and financial control of small and medium sized projects
- Coordinating work undertaken by external sub-contractors
- Assisting in the preparation of bids and proposals
- Mentoring junior staff
- Developing business with new and existing clients
- Experience in leading and managing small teams, delegating and supervising work of team members and acting as a mentor for junior members to develop their technical skills
- Experience in liaising with clients, associated professionals and other disciplines team members on all relevant aspects of projects
- Experience in highways and pavement design
- Competent in foul and surface water drainage including SuDS design
- Competent in the use of computer modelling packages such as MicroDrainage
- Competent in the production of specifications and technical reports and feasibility studies
- Sound knowledge of design standards and codes of practice such as Sewers for Adoption, SuDS Manual (C753), the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Manual for Streets
- Experience in adoptable infrastructure design and the negotiation of Section 104, 106, 38 and 278 Agreements
- Competent in liaising with local authorities and other stakeholders to obtain necessary technical approvals and consents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of the CDM 2015 Regulations
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D and PDS
- Chartered or near-chartered status with a relevant professional body
- Able to assist during construction stage, including site inspection and monitoring
- Experience in working in new development projects
- Competent in flood modelling, flood alleviation schemes design and preparation of Surface Water Management Plans
- Able to use computer modelling packages such as Flood Modeller Pro, InfoWorks ICM and GIS software, PDS, MicroDrainage plus Microsoft office suite of packages
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Thomasons offer a competitive benefits package.