Thomasons is an award-winning consulting practice working across a range of sectors including educational, residential and commercial for both private and public sector clients from scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an associate civil engineer to join our busy and expanding team in London to manage a small local team within the civil engineering group here at Thomasons.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer who will be capable of leading a team, working with minimal supervision and, able to supervise and support junior members of the team. You will also coordinate activities with other Thomasons’ offices.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Liaising with the head of function based in the Leeds office.
- Leading and managing a small team (senior engineer, graduate engineer, technician) and providing technical design best practice.
- Managing and coordinating projects across the civil engineering team.
- Producing technical design information including drawings, calculations, specifications and reports.
- Approving designs, assessments and calculations in accordance with quality procedures.
- Liaising effectively with clients, local authorities and other design team members.
- Undertaking the project management and financial control of small and medium sized projects.
- Coordinating work undertaken by external sub-contractors.
- Assisting in the preparation of bids and proposals.
- Mentoring and developing business with new and existing clients.
- Independently competent in leading and managing teams, delegating and supervising work of team members and acting as a mentor for junior members to develop their technical skills.
- Independently competent in liaising with clients, associated professionals and other disciplines team members on all relevant aspects of projects.
- A proven track record in highways and pavement design.
- A proven track record in foul and surface water drainage including SuDS design.
- A proven track record in preparing Drainage Strategies and Flood Risk Assessments.
- A high level of proficiency and expertise is required in these core areas.
- Ability to use computer modelling packages such as MicroDrainage, AutoCAD, Civil 3D.
- Experience in the production of specifications and technical reports and feasibility studies.
- Competent independent application of design standards and codes of practice such as Sewers for Adoption, SuDS Manual (C753), the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Manual for Streets.
- Experience in adoptable infrastructure design and the negotiation of Section 104, 106, 38 and 278 Agreements.
- Independent competence of liaising with local authorities and other stakeholders to obtain necessary technical approvals and consents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the CDM 2015 Regulations.
- Chartered status with a relevant professional body.
- Competent to assist during construction stage, including site inspection and monitoring.
- Experience of working within a design and build environment as a Consultant.
- Experience in working in new development projects.
- Competent in flood modelling, flood alleviation schemes design and preparation of surface water management plans.
- Ability to use computer modelling packages such as Flood Modeller Pro, InfoWorks ICM and GIS software, PDS, MicroDrainage plus Microsoft office suite of packages.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Thomasons offer a competitive benefits package.