Thomasons has requirement for a senior structural engineer to join our busy structural team in Guildford. We regularly undertake projects across a range of sectors including schools, housing and commercial for a range of both private and public sector clients from scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring.
Thomasons are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and driven engineer who is keen to develop their career in structural engineering. The role will involve working with established teams to manage/assist an existing client base with a view to expanding a team-leading role managing a wide portfolio of work in due course.
- An innate understanding of structural engineering
- All round experience in building structures including load bearing masonry and framed structures
- Proven UK design experience utilising Eurocodes/British Standards
- Associate/Chartered Membership of IStructE or ICE preferred
- Competence with computer analysis of structures and design of structural elements in most common materials i.e. steel, concrete, composite, masonry and timber
- Good verbal and written communication skills with experience of report writing essential
- Good grasp of detailing
- Experience of coaching and briefing CAD technicians and less experienced engineers
- Experience of site inspections/surveys essential
- Experience of meetings/communications with clients and other professionals essential and a confident manner in dealing with them
- Self-motivation and be capable of supporting/working within an existing team
- Commitment to health and safety, CDM and CPD requirements
Salary will be a competitive package, commensurate with experience.
Company pension, private healthcare, professional fees and generous business mileage rate.