Thomasons has requirement for a graduate structural engineer to join our busy structural team in Leeds. We regularly undertake projects across a range of sectors including insurance disaster recovery, retail, healthcare and commercial for a range of both private and public sector clients from scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring.
Thomasons are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and driven graduate engineer who is keen to develop their career in structural engineering. As a graduate engineer you will be given the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you are able, with guidance and direction from experienced and qualified engineers. Candidates should have good current experience in a similar role and be able to demonstrate design ability in steel, concrete, timber and masonry design using the Eurocodes.
- Good understanding of structural mechanics and their application to building structures
- Well rounded structural design skills for new build, refurbishment, alterations/ extensions in all main materials
- Good understanding of sub-structure solutions
- Good communication skills, strong team ethic and willingness to support others
- Able to brief and direct younger engineers and CAD technicians
- Desire to develop their career and take on increasing responsibilities
- Full UK drivers licence and own car
Other requirements that would be advantageous:
- Experience of liaising with clients, other building professionals and statutory authorities
- Experience of site inspections and structural surveys
- Experience of running own small to medium sized projects or being a key member on larger projects
- Ability to work within programme and cost constraints
- Commercial awareness and experience of submitting fee proposals
Thomasons are able to provide on the job training and experience for the successful candidate to become professionally qualified as either a Chartered Civil or Chartered Structural Engineer or indeed both.
Salary will be a competitive package, commensurate with experience.
Company pension, private healthcare, professional fees and generous business mileage rate.